Friday, May 15, 2009

Gettin' Wiggy With It

So what's a girl to do on a rainy Thursday night in NYC? Call up a friend and go wig shopping of course! A few months ago this would've been a odd concept to me, but a friend of mine has educated me on the excitement of going out in wigs and that not all wigs look like they are Halloween wigs from Party City. Cut to me and Dawn, wig virgins that we are, going to Ricky's in Chelsea--because if you can't find good wigs in the drag capital of the world, you're out of luck. Apparently Ricky's has very stringent wig policies---you have to purchase a wig cap, you can only try on three, and you cant take any pics of the wig heads. weird. Anyway, the salesman must've enjoyed us, because he let us try on as many wigs as our little hearts desired! In the end, I kept it safe with a wig similar to my hair color, but Dawn channeled her inner Lady Gaga and went with a short blond one and a long light brown. All this wiggery worked up and appetite, so we decided to head to Cafeteria, along with Dawn's trouper of a boyfriend Greg. Poor Greg had a horrible headache so he slept in the car while we tried on wigs---he was probably grateful to have the headache actually. We enjoyed a fine meal of comfort food and yelling at each other to be heard over the dull roar that was going on in there. And I finally got some chicken and waffles, after months of searching! The chicken could've been greasier but oh well. All in all it was a great night of dress up, stuffing our faces, and laughing so hard that puking was imminent.
Luckily, Dawn was able to sneak a pic of the two creepy man wig heads they had there---I now share this creepiness with you all...

2 comments:

  1. WoW!!! Ur 2 funny! I don't know who U are but ur so witty, keep it up. I will be following you. keep me laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Denise!! and welcome to my lunacy!! :)

    ReplyDelete