Thursday, May 21, 2009

Idol chatter

I've been wanting to blog about American Idol for awhile now, but decided to wait until it was over. Why you ask? Because the finale is the best part!!! I love how they pull the most random group of artists out of the woodwork to sing with these kids who were probably in utero when these people had hits. However, these classic artists are right up my alley. I have now decided that I need to be on this show just so I can have the chance to perform with MY idols. This year was like a playlist on my Ipod---Cyndi Lauper, KISS, Lionel Richie, and...wait for it....Queen! If I ever got the chance to perform with Queen, I would lose my shit! My ultimate rock 'n' roll fantasy is singing with Aerosmith, but Queen is iconic in my world. I grew up listening to them and was amazed by Freddie Mercury even as a kid. His killer voice and stage presence still gives me chills. After seeing Adam sing with them last night, I nominate him as Queen's lead singer. Mercury is irreplaceable, but I think Adam has the chops to do him justice. And let's talk about Adam's outfits. I love it--his glam rock fabulousness is very entertaining. Kris is a good singer, but compared to Adam, he is like a choir boy. I initially was anti-Adam, because I felt Idol was curving the show in his favor. They gave him the best production, usually put him last, and never said a bad thing about him. I felt this was unfair to the others. I also didn't appreciate Katy Perry's blatant display of support for him (she had his name embroidered on her cape during her Idol performance)-I felt the Idol producers should never have allowed that. But in the end, Kris won--here's to the underdog! And here's to Adam's future as a kick-ass glam rocker and MAC spokesman! (I wish Adam wore this outfit for the finale--it would've really kicked things up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment