Monday, June 29, 2009

Not The "Same Old Song and Dance"....



Every summer, I go see Aerosmith (my favorite band) with my friend Lauren--this year was no different as concerts are recession-proof in my book. Unfortunately, they always seem to play at Jones Beach Theater, which is the world's worst venue, acoustically speaking. And its an outdoor theater, so bad hair is always a guarantee. Well this year, a tremendously scary storm came through the area, delaying the concert. The 7:30 start time became 9pm. So we had some time to kill and hit the concession stand to buy a 20oz. bottle of Coke--for 7 dollars!!!! Are you serious??? By the way, this place must be run by Mormons, because it is a DRY venue. So the opening act ZZ Top went on at 9pm and played for an hour--not my kind of music, but they were good, however an hour was way too long to listen to them. I was falling asleep. Aerosmith finally took the stage at 10:45pm!!!! As a huge fan, I hate to say this, but the show was lackluster. I think the rain delay had sucked the life out of the crowd, and the lack of alcohol wasn't helping the situation. Steven Tyler's voice seemed to be going in and out, and the setlist was old school. I dig their old stuff but I think the crowd would've preferred to hear their later hit records. The show felt rushed (maybe because of the delay?), and Joe Perry neglected to remove his shirt after his "Draw The Line" guitar solo---a bummer for me. (Yes I find him attractive--don't ask!) They only played for an hour and 15 mins. which wasn't much longer than their opening act played, so i felt gypped. My pics came out pretty well considering I had third level seats.
Hi to Frances and Scott and their future rocker!!! Great seeing you guys at the show!


Setlist:
Train Kept A Rollin'
Cryin'
Love In An Elevator
Walkin' The Dog
Dream On
Combination
Toys In The Attic
Uncle Salty
Adam's Apple
Walk This Way
Big 10 Inch Record
Sweet Emotion
No More, No More
Round And Round
You See Me Cryin'
Draw The Line
Encore:
Guitar Hero Joe
Come Together

No comments:

Post a Comment