Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fierceness At Its Finest---Beyonce at MSG


I had the pleasure of catching Beyonce's "I Am.." show at MSG Monday night---and let me tell you, calling it a "show" does not do it justice! Miss Knowles, or should I say Mrs. Carter, performed her fabulous booty off for two hours--singing, dancing, working the audience, even doing aerial moves. She did all this while rocking costumes that are definitely a drag queens dream come true. The show started out with "Crazy In Love"---and you know who made a cameo...Jay-Z! (God, I love living in New York) I've been to a bunch of concerts at the Garden, but I have never felt it shake the way it did when he came out. The place went absolutely nuts. I have no idea what he said/rapped because it was THAT loud. I believe he did a verse from "Give It To Me" and changed the lyrics-what he changed them to is beyond me though. Beyonce did every hit she's ever had, including those with Destiny's Child--brought me back to high school! She did a lot of songs from her new album, I guess to keep with the Sasha Fierce theme. At one point they played a clip of her singing and dancing as a little girl, as she danced along onstage--definitely a highlight for me, as I used to be that little girl that would dance and sing for anyone who would listen! One of the funniest parts of the show had to be when Beyonce talked to a guy in the audience who happened to be very gay and very close to passing out because B was talking to him. She asked him his name and I think he said something like Leshawn, but I'm not sure because he was shrieking--she proceeded to sing his name as "Say My Name" started and he LOST it--hilarious. Then she wiped her sweat with a towel and gave it to him and I'm pretty sure his heart stopped on the spot. Classic--love my gays and their enthusiasm!
I took a bunch of pics, which I have posted for your viewing pleasure--I tried to include at least one of each outfit!!! Overall, it was a fantastic show--she sounds amazing live and looks incredible (I'm considering cutting my hair off and getting a Beyonce weave--her hair was flawless despite being flipped around for two hours!) She is a true superstar and a great performer and will probably take after Tina Turner and still be bringing the house down at 60!


No comments:

Post a Comment