Friday, July 17, 2009

Murphy's Law Lives On!

It's been awhile since my last post....had a lot of stuff going on, including getting ready for my Mom's wedding. To keep things interesting, as I like to do, my body decided to rage against me and develop appendicitis. Not the most horrible thing in the world, but the timing could not have been worse--this happened two days before the wedding. Yes, I know I'm fortunate it didn't happen during the wedding, or rupture while I was dancing, but I was still a little afraid to break the news to the bride! I felt bad to draw the focus away from my mother, as every bride deserves the full spotlight, but my body had other ideas. I was lucky to be seen and operated on in the hospital I work at, so it was VIP all the way. So after about 36 hours in the hospital I headed home to start my recuperation. As minimally invasive as my surgery was, man did I hurt the next day (and for three days after, the pain was pretty intense). I'm not big on taking pain meds because I'd rather be aware of what is going on in my body. However, to get through the wedding day, I had to rely on my new friend Percocet. I'm so grateful that they did the job, and didn't make me sleepy, paranoid, loopy, etc. I made it through the day, from start to finish (no naps!), and the wedding was beautiful! Congrats to the happy couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment